Header

Header

Friday, July 15, 2011

Seattle to Portland

Today was an early and stressful morning. I had to wake up at 6 am to move the car. If I wasn't so good with cities, I wouldn't have been able to do what I did. We got out of the apartment by 10 and headed to Jiffy Lube.

After Jiffy Lube I we got stamps and mailed out some things. It's a good thing to have stocked up on stamps so as to send post cards to our previous hosts asap.

The drive to Portand was fairly easly. The same sort of North West deal occured in terms of scenary, though it got much prettier about an hour maybe hour and a half outside of Portland.

We made an impromptu stop at IKEA and got some useful things...like lunch. IKEA food is so good!

We ended up arriving at our Portland hosts home around 5. We recieved a lovely welcome which included a couple glasses of local wine and brewskis. I love being able to sample the local spirits.

Oregon is known for their Pinot Noirs (my favorite red) and also their micro-brews. Both the wine and the beer were delicious as were the appetizers served. Dinner was lovely, we had fresh salmon and a really nice salad. I'm gonna be full for a week.


Again, we are staying at a beautiful large and spacious home located on what may be a mountain-ish type hill in the suburbs of Portland. I really wanted to run today, but the hills in this neighborhood and the elevation might just do me in with the added lack of sleep. Anyway, it is much much much more comfortable than last nights sleeping arrangements. Last night, we stayed in the typical guys college apartment....but it home to girls.

Tomorrow we will venture into the downtown area to explore Portland. Then, we'll head off to Port Orford. There, we'll be staying at a camp ground. In the morning we may do a short day hike before going to San Francisco.

Cheers,
Mees

No comments:

Post a Comment